Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie instantly became one of the most coveted free agent cornerbacks after his release from the Giants. Will the Colts make a play for him?
The Giants released Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie after he reportedly refused to take a pay cut to stay in New York. Rodgers-Cromartie will be the most accomplished slot cornerback on the free agent market, and that is a position of need for the Colts.
Like most of the Giants’ players Rodgers-Cromartie didn’t have a career year in 2017, but he was still solid. He’s only one year removed from playing at an All-Pro level in 2016 where he picked off 6 passes with 21 pass breakups.
Rodgers-Cromartie has a unique blend of size (6′ 2″ 183 pounds) and quickness that allows him to cover all types of wide receivers. He will be 32 before the 2018 season begins, but I believe he still has a few years of high level play left in him.
If Rodgers-Cromartie’s asking price is reasonable, I think he would be a great fit in the Colts’ secondary.
Here are some other possible free agent targets for the Colts this offseason:
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen