The Colts could use a power running back to pair with Marlon Mack next season, and adding LeGarrette Blount would be a perfect fit.
Frank Gore’s status in Indianapolis is still up in the air for the 2018 season, but there is no doubt that Marlon Mack will see an increased role in the Colts’ backfield next year.
Frank Reich’s offense in Philadelphia just won a Super Bowl by employing a running back by committee strategy, and I’d expect him to bring that same philosophy to Indianapolis in his first year as a head coach. One of the running backs that flourished in that Eagles’ backfield was LeGarrette Blount, and he could form a dynamic duo with Marlon Mack.
Blount rushed for 766 yards at 4.4 yards per carry in Reich’s offense during the regular season. He came up even bigger in the playoffs scoring a touchdown in all three games, and he rushed for 90 yards in the Eagles’ Super Bowl victory.
LeGarrette Blount has won a championship on a one-year deal in each of the past two seasons, and the Colts could be interested in signing him on another one-year deal for the right price this offseason.
Here are some other possible free agent targets for the Colts this offseason:
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen