The Colts may be looking to bolster the running back position in free agency, and Isaiah Crowell is one of the best backs available.
Isaiah Crowell is set to be on the open market, and his skillset would fit well with Marlon Mack in the Colts’ backfield. Crowell is a bruising running back that does most of his damage between the tackles.
He had a career year in 2016 gaining 1,271 yards from scrimmage and rushing for 4.8 yards per carry with 7 touchdowns. Crowell took a bit of a step back on the 0-16 Browns last season with 1,035 yards from scrimmage, 2 touchdowns, and his yards per carry average dropped to 4.1, but it’s hard to evaluate anyone from that terrible team.
As long as the Colts make some upgrades along the offensive line, I think Crowell could be successful in Indianapolis. He just turned 25 years old, so he should have plenty of juice left in his legs.
Frank Reich liked to use a running back by committee strategy during his time in Philadelphia, and Crowell and Mack could form a perfect duo for his offense.
Here are some other possible free agent targets for the Colts this offseason:
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen