The Colts are in desperate need for some help at the linebacker position in 2018, and Nigel Bradham is capable of coming in and playing at a high level immediately.
With Jon Bostic set to be a free agent this offseason, the Colts don’t have much talent at linebacker on their current roster.
With defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus transitioning to a 4-3 defense next season, general manager Chris Ballard needs to add some talent at that position this offseason and Nigel Bradham is definitely qualified to be one of those additions.
Bradham spent the first four years of his career in Buffalo, but he’s really revitalized his career over the past two years in Philadelphia.
Bradham is exceptional in coverage as he broke up 8 passes during the regular season last year on the road to a Super Bowl championship. He’s not a great run defender, but his skills in pass coverage would make him a good fit at outside linebacker in a 4-3 defense and in the Colts’ sub-packages.
Bradham is entering free agency at 28 years old, so a long-term contract wouldn’t be a foolish decision for Chris Ballard to consider. Bradham would be an immediate upgrade at the position and he could be a staple at linebacker for years to come in Indianapolis.
Here are some other possible free agent targets for the Colts this offseason:
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen