Unfortunately there aren’t many quality free agent offensive linemen available this offseason, but Brandon Fusco would be an upgrade over what the Colts currently have at the guard position.
Here are the offensive linemen who can play guard currently under contract for the Colts: Jeremy Vujnovich, Joe Haeg, Isaiah Williams, and Mark Glowinski. If Chris Ballard is unable to re-sign Jack Mewhort, or if he is unable to recover from his season-ending injury, the Colts could be in major trouble at the guard position.
Guard should probably be at the top of Ballard’s wish list this offseason as the organization is hopeful that Andrew Luck is coming back next season. The Colts can’t afford to put Andrew Luck behind a subpar offensive line again in 2018.
Andrew Norwell is the best offensive lineman available in free agency this offseason, and Indianapolis should break the bank to get him. The only other serviceable free agent guard is Brandon Fusco.
Fusco had a pretty solid season in San Francisco following five years as a starting guard with the Vikings. Fusco has been fairly inconsistent during his career, but he would be the best guard on the Colts roster if they are unable to bring back Jack Mewhort.
Here are some other possible free agent targets for the Colts this offseason:
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen