2018 Colts Possible Free Agent Targets: Wide Receiver Danny Amendola
Danny Amendola is coming off of a wonderful playoff run with the Patriots, and he could be a good fit in Frank Reich’s offense with the Colts.
The Colts haven’t had a successful true slot receiver in a while, and having a solid player in that position is crucial in Frank Reich’s offense.
General manager Chris Ballard had some positive words regarding the development of Chester Rogers in his NFL Combine press conference, but he did acknowledge that the front office will be looking to acquire some talent at wide receiver this offseason.
Danny Amendola‘s regular season production has never been eye-popping. He’s never gained more than 700 yards in a season, but he has been a key to the Patriots’ playoff success over the past two years.
Amendola gained 78 yards receiving with a touchdown in New England’s Super Bowl 51 victory, and he was dominant throughout last year’s playoff run with 348 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns in three playoff games.
It’d be hard to see Amendola walk away from New England in free agency, but the Colts could probably offer him more money than the Patriots. It’d be interesting to see how Frank Reich would use Amendola in the offense if Chris Ballard decides to go after him.
Next: Indianapolis Colts Mock Draft 1.3
Here are some other possible free agent targets for the Colts this offseason:
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen