The Colts may be looking for a slot cornerback in free agency this offseason, and Aaron Colvin is one of the league’s best.
However, slot cornerback is a position where the Colts could use an upgrade.
According to Pro Football Focus, Aaron Colvin finished sixth in the league in fewest yards allowed per coverage snap, he only allowed a reception once out of every ten coverage snaps, and he earned an overall grade of 78.5 on a 100-point scale.
At age 26, Colvin just finished the final season of his rookie contract with the Jaguars, and he was an underrated member of the best pass defense in the league last season.
Slot cornerbacks usually come relatively cheap in free agency as the NFL has not fully realized how valuable of a position it is. Adding Colvin to a secondary including a healthy Malik Hooker, Rashaan Melvin, Quincy Wilson, and Clayton Geathers would guarantee that the Colts’ pass defense will perform much better than they did last season.
Here are some other possible free agent targets for the Colts this offseason:
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen