Preston Brown is set to become a free agent this offseason, and the Colts could take a look at him to improve their linebacking corps.
After four years in Buffalo, it looks like Preston Brown will be moving on this offseason and Indianapolis could be in play for the 25-year-old linebacker.
Preston Brown isn’t the most exciting linebacker available in free agency, but he would be an upgrade over what the Colts currently have at the position. If the Colts are unable to re-sign Jon Bostic this offseason, they will need a total rebuild at linebacker in free agency and the draft.
Brown has had an up-and-down career thus far through four years in the NFL, but at his best he’s capable of being an above-average starting linebacker in the league and he’s still a fairly young player.
Brown is solid in run defense and in pass coverage, and he could be a good player to bring in on a one or two-year contract while the Colts develop some young talent at the position.
I think Chris Ballard should attack this position of need in both free agency and the draft, and Preston Brown could be an affordable upgrade at linebacker.
Here are some other possible free agent targets for the Colts this offseason:
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen