2018 Colts Possible Free Agent Targets: Linebacker Todd Davis
Todd Davis has been a dominant run-stuffing linebacker during his career in Denver, and the Colts could take a look at him to upgrade their linebacking corps.
The Broncos have been regarded as one of the greatest pass defenses of all-time during their recent run of success, but it was their run defense that ranked second in the league this season according to Football Outsiders. A main reason for the success of their run defense has been the dynamic ability of linebacker Todd Davis.
Davis struggles in pass coverage a bit, but he’s emerged as a terror in run defense after entering the starting lineup in 2016.
General manager Chris Ballard made some fantastic moves along the defensive line last offseason that helped the Colts transform into a top-10 run defense in 2017. Adding Todd Davis would build upon that strength and could improve Indianapolis’ run defense yet again this offseason.
Davis just finished up a one-year $2.75 million deal in Denver, so he likely wouldn’t cost too much for the Colts. There are a couple of more attractive inside linebackers available in free agency, but the 25-year-old Davis would be a solid backup option.
Next: How Have Colts Head Coaches Fared in their First Season?
Here are some other possible free agent targets for the Colts this offseason:
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen