The Colts have an elite receiver in T.Y. Hilton, but they need to add some complimentary talent around him in the receiving corps. Chris Ballard may take a look at Marqise Lee to improve Indianapolis’ offensive weaponry.
The Colts have struggled to find a solid number two receiver to put on the opposite side of T.Y. Hilton. Donte Moncrief looked like he could’ve developed into that guy, but he’s coming off of a disappointing season and he will be a free agent this offseason.
Indianapolis has had even more trouble finding a third option at wide receiver, which is essential in today’s NFL.
The Colts will be looking to upgrade from Chester Rogers and Kamar Aiken, who had a timeshare at that position in 2017.
Marqise Lee is an experienced slot receiver who has delivered on his status as a second round draft pick over the past two seasons.
Lee has gained over 1,550 yards receiving over the past two seasons combined in a Jaguars passing offense that hasn’t been conducive to putting up big numbers. Lee has been able to consistently produce in a Jacksonville receiving corps that has suffered from the inconsistency of Blake Bortles.
If Lee becomes available in free agency, he may be an affordable option to plug into the slot receiver spot that is so important in Josh McDaniels’ offense.
Here are some other possible free agent targets for the Colts this offseason:
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen