2018 Colts Possible Free Agent Targets: Guard John Greco
The Colts need to improve the interior of their offensive line this offseason, and John Greco would be an upgrade over Indianapolis’ current crop of guards.
The offensive line has been an issue in Indianapolis for a long time, and that’s one of the reasons why Andrew Luck hasn’t stepped on a football field for nearly 14 months. With Luck hopefully coming back in 2018, protecting the franchise quarterback should be priority number one this offseason.
The Colts’ depth chart at guard is pretty depressing, and that is a position that needs to be addressed.
John Greco is a proven veteran who could possibly come in and provide some protection for Andrew Luck, but he’s had some injury issues over the past few seasons.
Greco hasn’t played a full 16-game season since 2014, and he only played in 6 games last season with the Giants. He has been one of the NFL’s most consistent guards over his 10-year career, but he seems to be wearing down at nearly 33 years old.
There are better options available in free agency at the guard position. However, John Greco would be an acceptable backup plan if the Colts strike out on the top free agents.
Next: Indianapolis Colts 2018 Mock Draft 2.2
Here are some other possible free agent targets for the Colts this offseason:
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen