The Colts’ receiving corps is incredibly thin heading into free agency, and signing John Brown to an affordable deal could add some depth behind T.Y. Hilton.
With Donte Moncrief set to be a free agent this offseason, the Colts don’t have any proven wide receivers on their roster behind T.Y. Hilton. General manager Chris Ballard said that the front office will address that position this offseason during his NFL Combine press conference.
John Brown will likely hit the open market after four seasons in Arizona, and he is an intriguing player for the Colts to take a look at. Brown has been slowed down by injuries and some quarterback instability over the past two seasons, but he showed how talented he was in 2015 where he gained over 1,000 yards receiving with 7 touchdowns.
John Brown ran a 4.34 40-yard dash coming out of college, and he is still one of the fastest players in the entire league. Brown and Hilton’s speed would give opposing secondaries fits and provide two dangerous deep threat for Andrew Luck.
Brown would be an affordable receiver for the Colts to acquire in free agency, and I wouldn’t mind seeing him get a chance in Indianapolis.
Here are some other possible free agent targets for the Colts this offseason:
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen