Richard Sherman has become the biggest name on the free agent market this offseason after his release from the Seahawks. Should the Colts take a look at signing him?
The Legion of Boom seems to be over in Seattle after the Seahawks released Richard Sherman on Friday. Sherman’s free agency will be complex as he is coming off of a serious Achilles injury, and he’ll turn 30 years old before the beginning of next season.
The Colts may be looking for a number one cornerback in free agency. General manager Chris Ballard said the team will let the market decide what Rashaan Melvin’s value is, which means they may not bring him back if the price climbs too high.
If Melvin doesn’t re-sign, the Colts will need to bring in at least one solid cornerback in free agency. This year’s market has some solid young cornerbacks, but none of them are as decorated as Richard Sherman.
However, Sherman’s Achilles injury makes him too much of a risk for the Colts, who aren’t necessarily in a “win now” mode. Chris Ballard would be better served to take a look at some of the younger cornerbacks on the market if they are unable to re-sign Rashaan Melvin.
Here are some other possible free agent targets for the Colts this offseason:
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen