Colts general manager Chris Ballard took the podium at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis on Wednesday, and he provided some insight on what the team will do this offseason.
Most of the NFL’s most influential general managers and coaches will speak at the Combine this week, and Colts GM Chris Ballard took his turn on Wednesday afternoon.
Here were some of the main takeaways from Ballard’s comments on the podium at Lucas Oil Stadium:
When asked about the
, Ballard said that he likes the running backs
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
they have right now specifically listing Marlon Mack, Matt Jones, and Josh Ferguson.
Ballard went on to say he saw some promising mid-round defensive line prospects.
Ballard said that he felt the Colts were kind of just waiting for Andrew Luck to come back during the 2017 season, and that affected their performance.
I think we learned a lot about what Chris Ballard thinks about some specific positions in this draft class, and he provided some insight on where the Colts’ roster stands heading into the offseason.
With Ballard’s comments in mind, Colts fans should take a look at the interior offensive linemen in this draft class, the mid-round defensive linemen prospects, and some possible sleeper prospects at the running back position.