The Colts travel to take on the Titans on Monday night in a critical battle of AFC South rivals.
The Jaguars lead the division with a record of 3-2, and the remaining three teams are all within a game of the division lead at 2-3. With every team still in contention, these divisional matchups are crucial in determining who will make the playoffs.
It’s possible for both of these teams to come into Monday night’s game with their backup quarterbacks as Andrew Luck has already been ruled out, and Marcus Mariota will likely be a game-time decision as he nurses a sore hamstring.
The Titans are coming off an incredibly ugly loss against the Dolphins last week as Matt Cassel was forced into action. This could be a matchup that looks very enticing for a Colts pass defense that has struggled through the first five games ranking 28th in that category according to Football Outsiders.
This will be the Colts and Titans’ first Monday Night Football game of the year as their fans finally get to enjoy the dulcet tones of Jon Gruden talking about his various Gruden Grinders.
This matchup has lost a bit of luster since it was originally scheduled in the preseason as the star quarterbacks may be holding clipboards, but the incredibly high stakes remain as the loser of this game takes a huge step back in the AFC South race.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
Monday, October 16th
8:30 PM ET
1070 AM The Fan