Marlon Mack had the best game of his young NFL career on Sunday, and Colts fans can expect to see more of him in the future according to head coach Chuck Pagano.
Mack had his first signature breakout performance in just his third game as a pro in an overtime win over the 49ers. He rushed 9 times for 91 yards with a touchdown, and set up the game-winning field goal from Adam Vinatieri.
Pagano again spoke highly of his explosive rookie tailback saying that he should some more touches in the Colts’ offense going forward.
"“I think it would be wise to try to find ways to get (Marlon Mack) the football and get him more involved.”"
This quote is music to the ears of Colts fans everywhere, and people who have Mack on their fantasy team such as myself.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
Frank Gore has looked good at times, but he’s really incapable of providing any big plays in the run game at this point in his wonderful career.
Mack has clearly already passed Robert Turbin on the running back depth chart, and he’s got his sights set on the starting job three games into his rookie season.