Sunday’s game between the Browns and Colts will feature two young quarterbacks, and Cleveland hopes they’ve finally found their franchise QB in Deshone Kizer.
Kizer was known for some extreme highs and some head-scratching decisions during his time at Notre Dame, and he’s carried over that style of play into his rookie season in the NFL.
Kizer completed 20 of 30 pass attempts in his first career start against the Steelers, and he nearly pulled off the upset as they lost by just 3 points.
He averaged a very healthy 7.4 yards per attempt as he showed off that arm strength that had some scouts thinking he had first round talent.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
He finished the day with 1 TD, 1 interception, and a quarterback rating of 85.7. Future Hall of Famer Ben Roethlisberger gave him some high praise in his postgame press conference saying that he has a bright future in this league.
Last week’s game against the Ravens was much rougher for Kizer as he completed less than 50% of his passes and threw 3 interceptions. He was battling migraines throughout the game, and was in and out of the lineup during the second half.
It’s impossible to know what to expect from Kizer on Sunday. He could shred this pass defense and show he has the talent of a future franchise quarterback, or he could make some major mistakes that eventually cost the Browns their first win.