The Colts’ injury report has been the major storyline of their 2017 season thus far, and Wednesday’s report provided a mixed bag of good news and bad news.
Davis‘ return would be a major boost to an inexperienced secondary that has been really banged up, but saw some solid performances in last week’s game.
After making some plays in last week’s overtime loss to the Cardinals, cornerback Quincy Wilson was unable to practice on Wednesday with a knee injury. The Colts would like to see Vontae Davis and Wilson on the field at the same time, but Wilson’s injury could delay that a bit.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
Fellow rookie Marlon Mack also made an appearance on the injury report as he was a limited participant on Wednesday with a shoulder injury. The former USF running back had a terrible game last week, and this shoulder injury could help explain his poor performance.
He hurt his hamstring in the second week of the preseason, and has been in and out of practice ever since. He practiced fully last Friday and looked good to go for last week’s game, but he must have re-aggravated the injury as he was unable to practice at all today.