Round 4: 104th Overall Pick
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
The Colts were reportedly in the market for a running back in free agency as they targeted Dion Lewis to add to their backfield. Unfortunately, Lewis signed with the Titans and Indianapolis still hasn’t signed a running back to play alongside Marlon Mack.
Chris Ballard may look to add a talented tailback in the fourth round like he did in 2017 when he drafted Mack.
Royce Freeman runs with power at 234 pounds, but he also showed the ability to make defenders miss in the open field at Oregon. Freeman rushed for over 1,300 yards in three of his four seasons with the Ducks with a career average of 5.9 yards per carry.
Freeman’s size and power would make him a perfect compliment to Marlon Mack in the Colts’ backfield.