I know, some people are thinking that there is some overreaction because of his game he had against the Dallas Cowboys where he has five rushes for 45 yards. But Pagano has already praised Mack’s performance in camp, and he is a more dynamic playmaker than the 34-year-old Gore.
Mack was a third round pick out of USF, and he’s shown elusiveness, speed, and toughness when running the ball. Whereas Gore’s age seems to be catching up with him averaging less than 4 yards per carry over the last two season.
I understand it’s the preseason and Mack was playing against some guys who won’t be there for the Cowboys on week one, but he provides speed at the running back position that has been missing for some time.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
Mack could be the exact player this offense needs in 2017.