Andrew Luck took the day off on Thursday, and one of the stars of the young season, cornerback Rashaan Melvin, was unable to practice.
We addressed Andrew Luck’s rest day in an earlier article, but there is plenty of other injury news to keep track of on Thursday.
Cornerback Rashaan Melvin has stepped up big time this season in a Colts secondary that was incredibly banged up to begin the year. Melvin picked off the first two passes of his career against the Browns in Week 3, and he’s already broken up 7 passes this season.
Melvin was a limited participant on Wednesday with injuries to his hamstring and ankle, and he did not practice at all on Thursday. It would be a huge loss for this defense if Melvin would be unable to go on Sunday.
Tight end Jack Doyle continues to progress through the NFL’s concussion protocol as he got in his second limited practice of the week.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
Safety Matthias Farley has been forced into a ton of playing time this season, and he had an incredible interception on Sunday night against the Seahawks. He did not practice at all on Wednesday with a quad injury, but he’s made a quick recovery and was a full participant in today’s practice session.
Wide receiver Chester Rogers has been sidelined for nearly two months with a hamstring injury. He’s been in and out of practice during that time suffering multiple setbacks, but he returned to a limited practice session on Thursday.