The Colts will take on their fourth and final opponent from the NFC West this Sunday as they welcome the 0-4 49ers into Lucas Oil Stadium.
San Francisco is winless so far this season, but they’ve lost their last three games by a combined eight points including an overtime loss against the Cardinals last week.
Indianapolis is starting to get healthy after a preseason full of disastrous injuries. Pro Bowl cornerback Vontae Davis made his season debut last weekend, and center Ryan Kelly is expected to make his return from preseason foot surgery this week.
The Colts’ offensive line will need all the help they can get in keeping this 49ers defensive line out of the backfield.
DeForest Buckner has become one of the league’s most dominant interior defenders, and he’s surrounded by high-pedigree talent throughout the defensive line.
The Colts’ defense will also face a challenge in facing Kyle Shanahan’s offense, which is one of the most complex and effective schemes in the NFL.
The 49ers have performed better than their 0-4 record shows, and the Colts will need to bring their A-game on Sunday to come out victorious and move to 2-3 on the year.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
Sunday, October 8th
1:00 PM ET
Lucas Oil Stadium
1070 AM The Fan