While the first round of Wednesday’s injury news was not uplifting for Colts fans, the practice injury report looks better than it has all season.
It was disappointing to learn that Andrew Luck would not return to practice this week after it had been reported this weekend that there was a good chance he would be able to start throwing again.
However, the Colts could potentially get two key players back from injury who haven’t played yet this season.
Pro Bowl cornerback Vontae Davis started practicing again a week and a half ago as he continues to recover from a preseason groin injury. He got in a full week of limited practices ahead of last Sunday’s win over the Browns, and he was upgraded to full participation in Wednesday’s practice.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
The Seahawks’ defensive line is one of the league’s nastiest units. The return of Ryan Kelly in the middle of the Colts’ offensive line would make Jacoby Brissett much more comfortable in his first road start with his new team.