Round 5: 131st Overall Pick
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
There are still question marks surrounding Frank Gore’s future in Indianapolis. Even if Gore decides to return to the Colts next season, I believe general manager Chris Ballard should be looking to add talent to the offensive backfield in a draft class that has a ton of quality running backs.
Marlon Mack has decent size, but his speed and pass-catching ability are what he’s best at right now. Bringing in a bruising running back like the 6′ 2″ 225-pound Josh Adams would be a perfect compliment for Mack in building the backfield of the future in Indianapolis.
Adams also showed some breakaway speed in his career at Notre Dame. He rushed for 1,430 yards at 6.9 yards per carry with 9 touchdowns last season, and he could be exactly what the Colts need to jumpstart their running game.