At the end of each NFL season, teams around the league sign players to reserve/future contracts that will kick in at the beginning of the 2018 league year. The Colts signed eight players to these reserve/future contracts this week.
Reserve/future contracts are just like any other contract that a player would sign with an NFL team, but they don’t begin until the beginning of the next league year.
Here are the eight players that will be joining the Colts’ roster in March of 2018:
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
- Tight end Mo Alie-Cox
- Wide receiver Dres Anderson
- Defensive tackle Johnathan Calvin
- Wide receiver Kolby Listenbee
- Outside linebacker Arthur Miley
- Outside linebacker Josh Perry
- Quarterback Phillip Walker
- Offensive guard Isaiah Williams
Mo Alie-Cox is an intriguing tight end prospect that was on the Colts’ practice squad this season, and he’ll be back in Indianapolis in 2018. He’s a former college basketball player with a ton of athletic ability, and the Colts would love to see him develop into a contributor.
Phillip Walker was also on the practice squad this year, and he’ll likely be the fourth-string quarterback behind Andrew Luck, Jacoby Brissett, and newly-acquired Brad Kaaya heading into training camp.
Kolby Listenbee is a small and speedy wide receiver out of TCU. The Colts need some depth at the receiver position, and Listenbee has the potential develop into a deep threat in that receiving corps.
These players will likely be given the opportunity to compete in training camp for a promotion to the 2018 53-man roster after they were all on the Colts’ practice squad this season.