The Colts travel to Baltimore to take on the Ravens this week. Indianapolis will face a stiff test against a team that is still fighting to get into the playoffs.
In the AFC playoff race, the Ravens are currently on the outside looking in. They have the same record as the two teams ahead of them in the Wild Card race, Tennessee and Buffalo, but they sit behind them in the standings in the current tiebreaker situation.
The Colts have kissed their playoff dreams goodbye a long time ago, and the rest of their season became even more bleak after sending two of their starters to injured reserve. Indianapolis will be shorthanded, as they have been all season, playing in one of the most hostile environments in the NFL.
The Colts have plenty of players who need to put some positive performances on tape to continue their careers in the NFL. One of those players is rookie cornerback Quincy Wilson, who has had a rocky first season in the league. With Indianapolis’ injuries at the cornerback position, Wilson will be forced to cover the Ravens’ top receiver for most of the game.
While many believe that Chuck Pagano’s future has already been decided within the Colts’ organization, Pagano is still coaching for his job and he needs to finish the season strong to have any hope of staying in Indianapolis.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
Saturday, December 23, 2017
4:30 PM ET
M&T Bank Stadium
1070 AM The Fan