The Colts and 49ers will meet up on Sunday in a matchup that oddsmakers have basically deemed a toss-up.
We were on a 3-0 run with our picks against the spread before the Colts ran into a buzzsaw on Sunday night.
It looked like the Colts would easily cover the spread, and possibly win outright, after a Malik Hooker interception set up a game-tying field goal from Adam Vinatieri with less than five minutes to go in the third quarter.
The Seahawks went on to score 28 unanswered points and comfortably covered the two-touchdown spread.
The spread is much smaller for this weekend’s game against another NFC West foe as the Colts are currently favored by one point across most sports books according to Sportsbookreview.com.
The 49ers are 0-4, but they’ve been competitive and covered the spread in each of their last three games. San Francisco presents some matchup problems along the defensive line, and running back Carlos Hyde could be set for a big day against a Colts rush defense that really struggled last weekend.
However, I’m going to side with the Colts in this game.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
Pick: Colts -1
The Colts have covered the spread in each of their home games this season as opposed to their two road games which have resulted in blowout losses.
The 49ers are priced like they are the better team, but the home-field advantage at Lucas Oil Stadium will be the difference in this matchup.