The Cardinals and Colts face off this week in a matchup of two teams that absolutely need a win.
Back in July this game looked like it had the potential to be one of the marquee games of the 1 o’clock Eastern Time block of games in Week 2.
Both of those players will be watching this game from the sidelines as their teams try to figure out how to make a gameplan without the focal points of their respective teams.
Las Vegas has been handed a challenge in handicapping this game as neither team looks like what we thought they would entering the season. The wise guys in the desert have decided to make the Cardinals about a 7-point favorite in Lucas Oil Stadium, which means that they see Arizona as 10 points better than the Colts when factoring in home-field advantage.
They expect 44 points to be scored in this game, which is slightly below average for an NFL game.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
The Cardinals’ defense should still provide some problems for a Colts offense that hasn’t decided on a starting quarterback yet. Also the loss of David Johnson hurts an Arizona offense that was almost completely built around his skill set.