Chester Rogers suffers a setback in his recovery, and Denzelle Good is surprisingly named a starter on the offensive line.
Chester Rogers Misses Practice
It was reported that Colts wide receiver Chester Rogers would return to the practice field on Wednesday after missing time over the past couple of weeks with a hamstring injury. Then another report explained that Rogers practiced, but in a limited fashion on Wednesday.
Neither of these reports ended up being true as Rogers missed practice entirely on Wednesday. The Indianapolis Star’s Colts beat writer Stephen Holder tweeted that he expects Rogers to play “sparingly if at all” in Week 1 against the Rams.
The Colts’ passing offense was already going to be severely hampered in Andrew Luck‘s absence, and the potential loss of Chester Rogers is yet another blow to their explosiveness.
Denzelle Good Named Starter
Jeremy Vujnovich was expected to be the starting right tackle this season, but the Colts have instead named Denzelle Good the starter at right tackle. Vujnovich will still be in the starting lineup, but he’ll be at left guard against the Rams in Week 1.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
Good is entering his third season with the Colts after being taken in the seventh round of the NFL Draft in 2015. He’s played left tackle, right tackle and right guard in 18 starts over the past two seasons.
Scott Tolzien will count on Good to protect his front side against a dangerous Rams pass rush.