Report: Andrew Luck expected back by Week 15 vs Texans
Andrew Luck has had a rough, injury plagued season, but a recent report suggests he could be back fairly soon.
According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, Colts quarterback Andrew Luck could be back as early as Week 15 against the Houston Texans.
Luck suffered a lacerated kidney and torn abdominal on a scramble against the Broncos in Week 9. Luck was expected to be out anywhere from two to six weeks while his kidney healed. This week he was cleared to throw during practice, but was still held out from actual drills.
Earlier in the year, Luck sat for two games with an injury to his throwing shoulder but returned to start the next four games. While Luck has had a rough season even when he’s supposedly healthy, he still represents the best chance for the team to be successful in a playoff run. The Colts have been 2-5 with Luck under center this season.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
Matt Hasselbeck has done an admirable job during Luck’s absence but will be the first to admit that this is Luck’s team. The Hasselbeck led Colts are 4-0, but they quality of opponents has been lacking.
If Luck is back by Week 15, Hasselbeck will have to guide the team for two more weeks. We already knew he’d be starting today against the Steelers, and now it sounds like he’ll be under center next week when the team takes on the Jaguars.
We’ll keep you updated as we get more information on Luck and his recovery.