Colts at Titans: Three Up, Three Down
By Evan Reller
Sep 21, 2015; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Indianapolis Colts linebacker Robert Mathis (98) is introduced before the game against the New York Jets at Lucas Oil Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports
Stat line: 1 sack, 2 QB hurries
PFF Grade: +1.6
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
Mathis was only on the field for 20 snaps, up six from the week before. He made an impact play, and nearly forced a fumble on the play. Considering the 10 surgeries on his achilles over the past year, this is awfully impressive. There was a chance that his career was over and while one play isn’t enough to proclaim that Mathis is back, it is encouraging.
As we said in the Newsome section, the Colts really need a pass rush. They need it more than the stout run defense due to coverage gaps all across the field.