Khaled Holmes Named the Colts Starting Center
According to Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano, there is no center of controversy regarding the middle of his team’s offensive line.
While he had been sharing preseason reps with Jonotthan Harrison, 3rd-year pro Khaled Holmes will be the team’s starting center going forward:
"“Khaled (Holmes) is our starting center,” replied Pagano when asked Monday if he had officially decided on a starting center."
Of course, it doesn’t necessarily come as a surprise, as Holmes was the offseason favorite to win the starting center position outright. The former 4th round pick out of USC in 2013 started the final 5 games at center last season for the Colts, including all 3 playoff games.
The Colts preach continuity along their offensive line and having a returning late season starter like Holmes should help the unit’s overall cohesion, as well as keep starting quarterback Andrew Luck in a familiar comfort zone.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen