Colts Sign OG Harland Gunn; Waive WR L.T. Smith
The Indianapolis Colts announced today that they have signed offensive guard Harland Gunn and waived wide receiver L.T. Smith in a corresponding move.
At 6’2″, 320 pounds, Gunn was originally signed as an undrafted free agent out of Miami (Fla.) by the Dallas Cowboys in 2012. However, he’s spent the last two seasons with the Atlanta Falcons, having appeared in 13 games. He actually started in Week 5 of this past season for the Falcons as part of his 10 games played.
After being released by Atlanta on August 1st of this offseason, Gunn was claimed by the New England Patriots on August 2nd but was subsequently released thereafter on August 6th.
With Hugh Thornton “week-to-week” due to a knee injury, Gunn will likely provide the Colts with additional interior offensive line depth to play in this Saturday’s preseason game against the Chicago Bears.
Wideout L.T. Smith was signed earlier this week on August 18th, so his time as a Colt was short-lived to say the least.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen