T.Y. Hilton’s Agent Discusses Meeting with Colts Today: ‘We’re Here’
T.Y. Hilton‘s agent Drew Rosenhaus is in fact meeting with the Indianapolis Colts today at training camp in Anderson, Indiana, in the hopes of progressing contract talks between the two sides (via Mike Chappell):
It only confirms an earlier report by ESPN’s Adam Schefter noting that the notable super-agent was in town for further contract discussions regarding one of his star Colts clients:
Both sides are looking to get a deal done before the start of the regular season, as owner Jim Irsay has previously said he’s hopeful that a deal can be reached before Labor Day:
"“I think by the end of the month, we’d like to get that stuff done,” said. Irsay. “By the end of the month, so we can obviously get focused on the season and not be doing that during the year. We’ve made a lot of progress, but we’re not there yet on either guy right now.”"
There’s been prior speculation that Hilton could command as much as $14 million on his next contract, which would effectively place him in Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas contract territory. Whatever the case may be, he’s going to be one of the highest paid wide receivers in all of football, and it’s looking like fairly soon given the optimism on both sides.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen