Duron Carter Making His Presence Known In Training Camp
The Indianapolis Colts may have another deep threat in the passing game this season not named T.Y. Hilton or Andre Johnson.
His name is Duron Carter, the son of NFL Hall-of-famer Cris Carter. One of the most sought-after undrafted free agents this offseason, Carter chose to sign with the Indianapolis Colts were he will be catching passes from Andrew Luck.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen
Some people question if Carter will be able to make the final cut on the Colt’s 53-man roster due to the depth in the team’s receiving core. However, Carter has had a very impressive training camp showing thus far, and has wowed fans and coaches along the way.
Friday may have been Carter’s most impressive day at camp. His biggest “wow” of the day came when he went up-and-over cornerback Chance Casey to snag in one of his four touchdown receptions he would have on the day.
One can certainly expect to see Carter getting some playing time on the field in 2015 potentially as the Colt’s No. 5 receiver behind Phillip Dorsett. If training camp has shown any indication thus far for the young Carter, it is that he has shown flashes of his potential and has a very legitimate chance to make the final roster cuts come September.
Carter adds another weapon for Luck and the Colts, whom are looking to have a very dangerous offense through the air in 2015 as they make their run for the Super Bowl.