Colts Think Phillip Dorsett Could Be a ‘Superstar’
According to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport, the Indianapolis Colts have high hopes for Phillip Dorsett, the wideout they selected with the 29th pick of the 2015 NFL Draft. In fact, the team believes the speedy rookie wide receiver from Miami (Fla.) ultimately has “superstar potential”:
"“They could not be higher on Phillip Dorsett,” said Rapoport, who was with the NFL Network visiting Anderson, Indiana, on Tuesday afternoon. “I think they think they added a superstar.”When a Colts coach was asked whether he was surprised that the team passed on more glaring holes defensively, the former replied, “Well, no. The guy’s that good.”"
While Dorsett has gotten the majority of training camp reps as the 4th wideout, playing behind the likes of T.Y. Hilton, Andre Johnson, and Donte Moncrief, he’s still made his fair share of plays and is already turning heads:
While his opportunities may be a bit limited early on, it really should only be a matter of time before he makes a big play for the Colts offense. He has that time of game-changing speed that can change the complexion of a game instantly.
It’s just a question of when the Colts will choose to let their presumed “superstar” fully loose.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen