Colts Rookie Phillip Dorsett Showing Off Speed at OTA’s
Indianapolis Colts wideout Phillip Dorsett may only be a rookie, but he’s already flashed glimpses of his talent and potential during the first week of the team’s OTA’s. Dorsett’s combination of rare speed and receiving ability is a big reason why the Colts made him a highly coveted first round selection in this year’s NFL Draft, just a few weeks ago.
If Dorsett was supposed to participate in this weeks OTA’s with a “deer in the headlights” look, someone must’ve not told him, as he’s simply made plays:
While no one’s entirely sure how much Dorsett will be featured in the offense next season, having joined a seemingly loaded group of Colts wideouts, there’s no doubt that he’ll make an impact. Whether it’s as the team’s 3rd wideout, 4th wideout, or even as a special teams returnman, Dorsett’s blazing speed and explosive ability have him geared up to make some big plays, even if he’s only a rookie.
His impressive play today not only drew the eyes of the mainstream media this afternoon, but also that of his head coach in Chuck Pagano:
Dorsett’s arrival figures to make what was already a prolific offense under Andrew Luck, an even more potent passing attack. That has to be a pretty scary thought for opposing secondaries, especially given Dorsett’s dangerous speed.
The type that can quickly max out a speedometer and leave opposing cornerbacks gasping for air.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen