Colts Chopping Block: Couple of Cuts Made
With the Indianapolis Colts officially signing 15 undrafted free agents today, the team had to make some additional roster space for them. In a corresponding move, the Colts released wide receiver Kadron Boone, defensive end Gannon Conway, running back Jeff Demps, and offensive tackle Matt Hall.
None of these players releases were all that surprising, as each was a longshot to make the team’s final 53-man roster. Demps is the biggest name here, as the former Olympian and speedster at running back had bounced on-and-off the Colts practice squad last season but never received a promotion to the active roster. It’s worth noting that none of these players actually ever appeared in a game for the Colts last season and were mostly added to the roster as extra organizational depth.
While it’s always great to see some fresh faces and talented rookies join the team, this is the downside of the big business that is the NFL, other players in turn lose their jobs.
That’s simply the nature of the beast.
Hopefully, each of these players is able to latch on somewhere and continue their professional football careers. We wish them well!
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen