A.Q. Shipley Joins Bruce Arians and the Cardinals
By Evan Reller
The Indianapolis Colts had a problem at the center position heading into the season and turned to A.Q. Shipley as a stopgap. As it turned out, Shipley proved to be the best center the Colts had had during the Andrew Luck era.
Yet for some unknown reason, he was benched and the team bounced between Khaled Holmes and Jonotthan Harrison at center. Neither player inspired confidence in decision to bench Shipley.
We learned over the weekend that Shipley would not be retained by the Colts and now he’s found a new home out west. Former offensive coordinator and interim coach Bruce Arians has signed Shipley to the Cardinals.
Shipley signed a two-year deal.
He wasn’t the first player to head to Arizona either. Cory Redding signed with the Cardinals today as well.
The Cardinals have now taken the Colts best coach, defensive lineman, and center over the past three years.
More from Horseshoe Heroes
- Colts explored hiring former quarterback and current ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky
- When is the NFL Combine 2023? NFL Combine schedule, events, how to stream
- Latest NFL mock draft has Colts trading up to No. 1 for star QB
- Eagles offensive free agents that could follow Shane Steichen to Colts
- Here’s why Colts linebacker Shaq Leonard is going to love Shane Steichen