The Indianapolis Colts are hoping to have rookie wideout Josh Downs (questionable, knee) in action against the Carolina Panthers in Week 9.
Downs has been one of the team’s best offensive weapons, catching at least five passes in four straight games.
Here’s the latest on Downs ahead of Week 9 vs. Carolina:
Josh Downs injury status for Week 9 game vs. Carolina Panthers
The Colts are listing Downs as questionable for Week 9 against the Panthers with a knee injury.
Best prop bet for Josh Downs in Week 9 vs. Panthers
Josh Downs OVER 51.5 receiving yards
The rookie third-round pick has been on fire as of late, and if he plays in this game, he’s a must-bet to go OVER his receiving yards prop.
Downs has cleared 51.5 receiving yards in four games this season, including three of his last four contests:
- Week 8: seven catches, 72 yards
- Week 7: five catches, 125 yards, touchdown
- Week 6: five catches, 21 yards, touchdown
- Week 5: six catches, 97 yards
Downs is thriving with Gardner Minshew under center, and I think that continues this week.
If you’re looking to tail this pick, consider doing so at FanDuel Sportsbook with its great welcome offer! This is a way to help jump start your bankroll while also betting on your favorite team!
Josh Downs injury history
This is the first injury that Downs has suffered at the NFL level, but it’s worth noting that in the 2022 season while still in college, he missed two games with a knee issue.
When is Josh Downs coming back?
Since he’s listed as questionable, Downs has a chance to play in Week 9 against the Panthers. If he’s unable to suit up, Downs will next get a chance to play in Week 10 against the New England Patriots.
Indianapolis Colts next 5 opponents
- New England Patriots, Sunday, Nov. 12
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Sunday, Nov. 26
- Tennessee Titans, Sunday, Dec. 3
- Cincinnati Bengals, Sunday, Dec. 10
- Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday, Dec. 17
Indianapolis Colts injury report
- Julius Brents – out, quad
- Josh Downs – questionable, knee
- Zaire Franklin – questionable, knee
- Blake Freeland – questionable, back
- Braden Smith – out, hip/wrist
- Rodney Thomas – questionable, knee
Carolina Panthers injury report
- Vonn Bell – questionable, quad
- DJ Chark – questionable, elbow
- Claudin Cherelus – out, knee
- Donte Jackson – questionable, quad
- Justin Houston – out, hamstring
- Laviska Shenault Jr. – out, ankle
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.