What players should Colts keep a close eye on at the Senior Bowl?
By Brad Marr
Offensive Tackles at the Senior Bowl
- Abraham Lucas | Washington State |Height: 6’6 | Weight: 322
- Braxton Jones | Southern Utah | Height: 6’5 | Weight: 306
- Cade Mays | Tennessee | Height: 6’4 | Weight: 321
- Bernhard Raimann | Central Michigan | Height: 6’6 | Weight: 304
Bernhard Rainmann, a tight end converted left tackle, was a standout at Central Michigan. He is one of the most athletic prospects across the OL.
His versatility comes with clean, quick movement while also showing natural strength in pass blocking. That’s something the Colts desperately need next to Big Quenton Nelson.
Receivers at the Senior Bowl
- Bo Melton | Rutgers | Height: 5’10 | Weight: 191
- Danny Gray | SMU | Height: 5’11 | Weight: 182
- Khalil Shakir | Boise State | Height: 6’ | Weight: 193
- Christian Watson | North Dakota State | Height: 6’4 | Weight: 211
Christian Watson is a playmaker! Don’t let his big frame fool you, this Bison can fly when the ball is in his hands. Coming from an FCS program his talent and route running will need some polishing but his ability to high point the football is completely God-given.
Khalil Shakir on he other hand is a speedster. The camera man has a hard time keeping pace, much less a DB. Shakir uses his quick movements and speed to gain separation. And when the football is in his hands, Good-BYE!
Tight Ends at the Senior Bowl
- Charlie Kolar | Iowa State | Height: 6’6 | Weight: 256
- Jake Ferguson | Wisconsin | Height: 6’4 | Weight: 244
With Jack Doyle contemplating retirement and Mo Alie-Cox entering free agency, one of these young tight ends can be next in line for the Colts.