With the Colts playing the Broncos this week, we had a Q&A with the site expert of the Broncos site Predominantly Orange.
The Colts play in the battle of the horses this Sunday as the Denver Broncos come to town. To get a little bit more perspective on this team and how they have played this season, we did a Q&A with the site expert at Predominantly Orange in preparation for the game
1. The Denver offense has struggled this season. Even though they just traded for Joe Flacco in the offseason, do you think they will play Drew Lock at all this season?
It will all depend if the Denver Broncos bring him off injured reserve. So far, the team used one of their IR designated to return spots on Tim Patrick. So, it all comes down to what they decide. If they do bring him back from IR, then they will likely play him. When they play them depends on how the team looks. If Denver loses these next two games and are 2-7 going into the bye, without question they will.
2. Because of issues finding a true franchise quarterback, is John Elway on his way out?
The funny thing about that is that most of Broncos Country does not believe John Elway is the problem. There is something much deeper than this. And the draft is such a crapshoot, it is difficult to tell what a quarterback’s success will be like in the professional sport. Denver has just had terrible luck when it comes to quarterbacks
3. I’ve seen a lot of people complaining about Garett Bolles at left tackle, but they don’t seem to have a better option. How will they address that position on Sunday against the Colts?
He has gotten a little better since the Green Bay game, but issues started rising up again last Thursday. If Denver does not do well this season, I would look for their first round draft pick to be on a left tackle. As much as I want Denver to get Trent Williams from Washington, the fact they haven’t made a move yet makes me believe it will not happen before the deadline
4. What is the single biggest thing the Broncos have to do to pull an upset and beat the Colts?
It is difficult to say. Indy is 4-2, but I think it comes down to some fundamental success. Denver needs to run the ball well and get pressure going on defense. It will not be easy, but if they can get it done, it should be possible to get the upset
5. Who is the guy the Colts need to worry about the most from Denver?
Alexander Johnson. He has really come on his own since starting for the Broncos. He could be the answer at inside linebacker for the Broncos. But we shall wait and see.
It will be a battle on Sunday, and the Colts need to stay focused if they want to get a win.