Colts NFL Draft History: Evaluating the Ryan Grigson Era
3 of 6
In the 2013 draft, Grigson had seven picks total, but instead of having the first overall pick, the Colts had the 24th overall pick. Below are the seven picks he made.
- Defensive end Björn Werner (24th overall)
- Guard Hugh Thornton (86th overall)
- Center Khaled Holmes (121st overall)
- Defensive tackle Montori Hughes (139th overall)
- Safety John Boyett (192nd overall)
- Running back Kerwynn Williams (230th overall)
- Tight end Justice Cunningham (254th overall)
Succinctly said, none of these players made a significant impact for the Colts.
Werner played 38 games with the Colts over 3 seasons and totaled 6.5 sacks. Thornton and Hughes both got some playing time on the Colts’ offensive line, but neither could adequately protect Andrew Luck, and the rest of the list never played significant game time with the Colts.
Williams has been a back up running back on the Arizona Cardinals for the past few seasons.