Colts 2017 Preseason Opponents Unveiled
The Indianapolis Colts unveiled their 2017 preseason opponents on Monday, even though exact dates and times have yet to be announced:
- Week 1 (August 10-14th): Detroit Lions
- The Colts will host Matthew Stafford‘s Detroit Lions and their high powered offense, as former head coach Jim Caldwell returns to Lucas Oil Stadium. Indianapolis faced the Lions in last year’s regular season opener (losing 39-35), but will be looking for different results to start the 2017 preseason.
- Week 2 (August 17-21st): at Dallas Cowboys
- The Tony Romo-less Cowboys will ‘feel’ a little different (due to his recent retirement), but with young star Dak Prescott blossoming behind center and workhorse Ezekiel Elliott backing him up, ‘America’s Team’ should be poised to become an NFC contender for a consecutive season–especially anchored by the league’s best offensive line.
- Week 3 (August 24-27): at Pittsburgh Steelers
- The Colts past matchups against the Pittsburgh Steelers have been the thing of nightmares, as Indianapolis hasn’t found a way to slow down ‘Big Ben’ Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, or Le’Veon Bell. However, fortunately this is just a preseason matchup–although it will be the Colts final ‘dress rehearsal’ before the start of the regular season.
- Week 4 (August 31-September 1st): Cincinnati Bengals
- The Colts vs. Bengals matchup is an annual rite of preseason, as both teams have squared off in every preseason schedule since 2001. Unfortunately, the Colts have been more often on the losing end, going 5-11 during that span. The Bengals feature solid starting quarterback Andy Dalton, superstar wide receiver A.J. Green, and an always tough and stingy defense under head coach Marvin Lewis.