Colts Madden NFL 17 Ratings Released
EA Sports Madden 17 finally released its entire ratings for the popular annual NFL video game series–which is scheduled to be in stores on August 23rd, and here are some of the ratings for this year’s Indianapolis Colts:
- QB Andrew Luck: 88 ovrl rating (8th best QB ovrl, 95 throw power, 83 pass accuracy, 83 speed)
- RB Frank Gore: 79 ovrl (82 speed, 90 awareness, 91 ball carrier vision)
- RB Robert Turbin: 75 ovrl (89 speed, 82 strength, 82 trucking)
- WR T.Y. Hilton: 89 ovrl rating (10th best WR ovrl, 94 speed, 96 agility, 93 catch)
- WR Donte Moncrief: 78 ovrl rating (91 speed, 87 agility, 87 catch)
- WR Phillip Dorsett: 72 ovrl rating (96 speed, 96 agility, 83 catch)
- TE Dwayne Allen: 80 ovrl (75 speed, 84 catching, 66 run block)
- TE Jack Doyle: 72 ovrl (75 speed, 76 catching, 80 run block)
- LT Anthony Castonzo: 81 ovrl (82 run block, 82 pass block)
- Le’Raven Clark: 69 ovrl (78 run block, 79 pass block)
- LG Jack Mewhort: 85 ovrl (4th best LG ovrl, 93 run block, 86 pass block)
- Hugh Thornton: 72 ovrl (77 run block, 72 pass block)
- C Ryan Kelly: 76 ovrl (83 run block, 80 pass block)
- RG Jonotthan Harrison: 73 ovrl (77 run block, 76 pass block)
- RT Joe Reitz: 79 ovrl (78 run block, 83 pass block)
- RT Denzelle Good: 69 ovrl (82 run block, 76 pass block)
- LE Kendall Langford: 80 ovrl (69 speed, 85 strength, 86 power move)
- Henry Anderson: 76 ovrl (73 speed, 81 strength, 88 block shed)
- DT Zach Kerr: 73 ovrl (68 speed, 87 strength, 85 block shed)
- David Parry: 68 ovrl (59 speed, 91 strength, 72 block shed)
- RE Arthur Jones: 71 ovrl (68 speed, 90 strength, 82 block shed)
- Hassan Ridgeway: 68 ovrl (72 speed, 87 strength, 82 block shed)
- LOLB Erik Walden: 78 ovrl (76 speed, 81 tackle, 80 block shed)
- ILB D’Qwell Jackson: 79 ovrl (75 speed, 90 tackle, 86 awareness)
- ILB Nate Irving: 76 ovrl (78 speed, 76 block shed, 89 tackle)
- Sio Moore: 72 ovrl (83 speed, 83 tackle, 82 agility)
- Antonio Morrison: 65 ovrl (76 speed, 83 agility, 81 tackle)
- ROLB Robert Mathis: 83 ovrl (75 speed, 84 acceleration, 84 finesse move)
- Trent Cole: 82 ovrl (75 speed, 84 acceleration, 86 finesse move)
- CB Vontae Davis: 91 ovrl (4th best CB ovrl, 88 speed, 92 awareness, 89 man coverage)
- CB Patrick Robinson: 78 ovrl (86 speed, 79 awareness, 83 man coverage)
- FS T.J. Green: 71 ovrl (93 speed, 78 tackle, 74 man coverage)
- Clayton Geathers: 70 ovrl (87 speed, 76 tackle, 87 hit power)
- SS Mike Adams: 78 ovrl (81 speed, 82 awareness, 82 play recognition)
- P Pat McAfee: 86 ovrl (#1 rated punter ovrl, 97 kick power, 98 kick accuracy, 68 tackle)
- K Adam Vinatieri: 84 ovrl (5th rated kicker ovrl, 88 kick power, 93 kick accuracy, 97 stamina)
- Ret. Quan Bray: *64 ovrl (86 return, 89 speed, 91 acceleration)
As someone who’s grown up playing Madden since my nostalgic Sega Genesis days back in ’94, here are a few issues (or insight) I have with this year’s ratings:
- Anthony Castonzo seems rated a little low at 81 ovrl despite a down season–Ryan Clady, Russell Okung, and King Dunlap aren’t better offensive tackles these days.
- Robert Turbin’s overall rating seems a little high given that he’s only 4 points worse than Frank Gore–that doesn’t seem right in real life. If that’s the case, Gore should be a bit higher even if he lacks elite speed.
- Ryan Kelly’s 76 overall rating is on the low end as well, but that’s more of a byproduct of the Madden powers that be notoriously rating rookies very low for the past few years.
- Henry Anderson‘s 76 overall rating seems quite low given that he was one of the league’s best 3-4 defensive lineman before his season-ending injury. He should be in at least the early-mid 80’s range overall in my opinion.
- For making two consecutive Pro Bowl appearances, Mike Adams didn’t get much love from the Madden rating evaluators. He’s not the best athlete back there, but he consistently makes plays and should be rated better than his 78 overall rating indicates. After all, he has 10 interceptions and 5 forced fumbles combined over the past two seasons.
- Clayton Geathers appeared in limited action last season for the Colts, but he played well enough to receive more than a 70 overall rating. At least the Madden rating evaluators recognized that the dude can hit as noted by his 87 hit power.
- Pat McAfee has frequently been the Colts last line of defense on special teams and made highlight reel, as well as touchdown saving tackles. The creators of Madden took notice as McAfee’s 68 tackling rating is actually very good for a punter, considering the next highest rated tackling punter has a 54 rating in that department. Also for having 97 kick power and 98 kick accuracy, how is McAfee not rated higher than 86 overall for a punter? Seems like he should be in the 96-99 range overall at that position given how dominant both of his kicking ratings are.