#WhenIWasALittleKid … The Colts Were Really Bad
By Editorial Staff
So there’s this fun little back-and-forth happening on Twitter lately, wherein participants make pithy remarks about what was happening when they were little kids (hence the hashtag: #WhenIWasALittleKid). I thought it might be a (small) hoot to put together a quick Colts version of this list, from my perspective. A disclaimer: when I was REALLY a little kid, there were not Indianapolis Colts, but I’ll take some liberties and define little as “under 20 years old.” Here goes …
- … Mike Pagel was our quarterback.
- … we all wished that Curtis Dickey could return to form.
- … Eric Dickerson was the man (and an ass).
- … Ted Marchibroda was beloved.
- … Peyton Manning really was a little kid.
- … the Hoosier Dome was more than good enough for the NFL.
- … “Naptown” aptly described our city.
- … Reggie Miller was a pup about to take over Indianapolis.
- … nobody really knew what to do with the Colts, but they were ours, gosh darn it.
- … Jim Irsay was a lackey at the heels of his dad, Robert; Jim had some, um, problems.
- … the Colts were just terrible.
Some things never change.