The Zippy and The Chippy – Colts at Patriots (Game 12)
By Editorial Staff
The Colts lost in New England on Sunday, but they might have done that even if Peyton Manning had been in the saddle. The cool thing is that we got to see Indy playing for something, anything, with under a minute to go in the game. It didn’t quite work out, but now at least maybe we can talk about how this team can squeak out a victory before the season ends.
- Dan Orlovsky pretty much matched Tom Brady on a statistical basis, and he led a really nice comeback that feel short.
- Donald Brown took a small step back from the last few weeks, but I’m kind of surprised that he has 41 yards on the year, let alone in one game.
- Pierre Garcon’s 150 yards and two touchdowns make it easy to forget some of his drops.
- Joe Lefeged actually turned in a few positive return yards.
- Adam Vinatieri kicked for six total points.
- Delone Carter had three carries … and lost a fumble.
- Reggie Wayne had just six targets (compared to 12 for Garcon). Looks like Orlovsky has ears that work.
- Where was Pat Angerer?
- The secondary may very well have been the difference in this game, as NE passed for 289 yards but ran for just 73.