Each week after Monday Night game(s) has concluded, I’ll publish my list of NFL power rankings. Here is the pecking order for Week 12.
1) Green Bay Packers – Turkey day in Detroit was no problem for the Packers.
2) New Orleans Saints – Brees sailed along against Giants.
3) Baltimore Ravens – John won the battle of the Harbaughs, Round One.
4) San Francisco 49ers – Niners lost the battle of defenses.
5) Pittsburgh Steelers – Not much offense, but then not much was needed against the Chiefs.
6) New England Patriots – Pretty easy win in Philly.
7) Houston Texans – Texans win, but Matt Leinart era may already be over.
8) Detroit Lions – Lions may be comers, but they still can’t win on Thanksgiving.
9) Dallas Cowboys – Cowboys nearly became latest victims of Dolphins juggernaut.
10) Atlanta Falcons – Falcons easily handled Vikings at home.
Read the rest of the power rankings after the jump …
11) New York Jets – Encouraging to see Sanchez as the star of a game, any game.
12) New York Giants – No match for Saints.
13) Cincinnati Bengals – Bengals stayed in playoff hunt with win over Browns.
14) Chicago Bears – Life with Hanie will be bumpy.
15) Tennessee Titans – Look out NFL: Chris Johnson may be back (190 yards v. Bucs).
16) Oakland Raiders – Hold on against readjusting Bears.
17) Denver Broncos – Broncos keeping pace with Raiders.
18) Philadelphia Eagles – Lots of yards for VY, but way too little scoring.
19) Buffalo Bills – Nearly stole one in New York against the Jets.
20) San Diego Chargers – Chargers are pretty much done. Is Norv?
21) Kansas City Chiefs – Played the Steelers close, but they need more O.
22) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Bucs continue their collapse, on the season and in their game against the Titans.
23) Miami Dolphins – Almost got a big win in Big D.
24) Washington Redskins – Road win is always a boost, even if it’s in Seattle.
25) Arizona Cardinals – Cardinals pick up a road win against the lowly Rams.
26) Seattle Seahawks – Losing at home to the 2011 Redskins is bad business.
27) Minnesota Vikings – The losing continued for the Vikes.
28) Cleveland Browns – Lose latest battle of Ohio in Cincy.
29) Carolina Panthers – A trip to Indianapolis can fix almost anything.
30) Jacksonville Jaguars – Not good enough to beat any version of the Texans, even at home.
31) St. Louis Rams – Rams couldn’t even take down the weak-sister Cardinals … in St. Louis.
32) Indianapolis Colts – Defense looked decent in loss to Cam Newton and Panthers.