10 Reasons to be Thankful for the 2011 Indianapolis Colts
By Editorial Staff
Today is Thanksgiving, and I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to reflect on why it’s great to have the Colts around, even in 2011. Sure, the 2011 rendition of the Ponies stink like Colt crap on ice, but their still ours, right? With that in mind, here are 10 reasons that I’m thankful for the 2011 Indianapolis Colts.
- They’re better than the NFL team that we had in 1983.
- Peyton Manning is still on the roster … so I’m saying there’s a chance (for the future, at least)!
- Jim Irsay is a fun Twitter follow.
- They’re bad enough that we may some exciting new talent next season.
- Thanks to Manning and the Colts, Indy gets to host the Super Bowl in February.
- There is no NBA to watch, so the Colts must provide all our pro sports fodder.
- Pat Angerer.
- The Colts, and Lucas Oil Stadium, helped revitalize downtown.
- We don’t have to worry about whether Jim Caldwell will rest the starters late in the season. Except for Manning, they’re all on the IR already.
- They can only lose, at most, six more games this season.
Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy the turkey on your table and the one in LOS.