Colts Notes for November 9
By Editorial Staff
The game on Sunday, at home, against the Jacksonville Jaguars, may represent the Colts best chance all season to pick up a win. Who knows? If they can finally break into the “W” column, maybe Indianapolis can gain some confidence and rack up a few wins before the old calendar pushes 2011 out the door. As we ponder the future, here is what happened in the very recent past for the Colts:
- Jim Caldwell, who was an assistant at Penn State 25 years ago, said he is praying for the abuse victims in the school’s current scandal. Here’s an idea: Jim Caldwell as Joe Paterno’s successor at PSU.
- Rookie DT Ollie Ogbu (practice squad), declined to address his alma mater’s (Penn State) current troubles on Wednesday.
- TE Brody Eldridge had hand surgery earlier in the week and was ruled out for Sunday’s game.
- Joining Eldridge on the no-practice list Wednesday were Peyton Manning (really?), Joe Reitz, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, Kavell Conner, Blair White, Dwight Freeney, and Terrence Johnson.
- DT Drake Nevis practiced in full despite his ongoing back issues.